Pages

Wednesday 24 January 2018

Summer Learning - 24-01-18

Summer Learning Journey 2018

Day Twenty: Looking into the Future
24-01-18

Activity 1: Your Future Self
Image result for universityI'm not entirely sure what I will do with my future, but I've got a few ideas of careers I could have and places I would love to go. I am interested in going to university to study either law or teaching. I would enjoy being a family lawyer or an intermediate level teacher. I also interested in going in the tourism direction, as I really want to travel when I'm older and having travelling as an aspect of my job would be cool.


Activity 2: Flying Cars
Red-Cadillac-750x443.jpg hummer.png flying car (2).jpg

If I had just got my license and I had to choose out of these three cars, I would choose the first one, as I like the old vintage style and the retractable roof. I wouldn't enjoy driving the big black one as it would be hard to drive, and although the flying car is cool, I don't think it would be quite so practical.


Bonus Activity: Blade Runner 2049
Image result for blade runner 2049The new movie Blade Runner 2049 is out now. It is about what the world will be like in the future.

Image result for technologyIf I was able to travel back in time and see what New Zealand will be like in 2099, I think I would see more tall glass apartment buildings as opposed to family homes. I would see food being created in personal fabricators (3D printers), and people spending much more time indoors using technology than outdoors. The world would be technology based, with everything you need in the palm of your hand. Robots would take the places of humans in most jobs like waitressing, building machinery, teaching, etc. Everyone's lives would revolve around the world of technology, exercising would be done using technology, as would education. There would be less socializing in person, and many more social media platforms available.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Crystal,

    Great work on completing your final post for the Summer Learning Journey! I thought your response in your first activity was brilliant. That’s great to hear that you would like to go to university and study law or education. Both very great professions! Going into travel and tourism would also be an awesome pathway to get into! That would be so much fun travelling as a part of your job. Are there any places in particular that you would like to go visit?

    With your second activity, I thought your choice in cars was really good, especially because you supported your choice with reasoning behind the choice. That’s cool that you like vintage style. I really like that style too. I agree that i would not want to drive the black hummer because it would be way too big and I would be terrified to drive something big and heavy on the road!

    In your bonus activity, I really liked reading through your description about what New Zealand living would be like in the future. I thought that your idea about food being created through 3D printers sounds very futuristic and very possible! Have you heard of the ‘Foodini’ machine? It’s like the first step to having food being 3D printed! Here’s a link you can check out an article on it! https://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/06/tech/innovation/foodini-machine-print-food/index.html Let me know what you think about this crazy food invention in a comment! Do you reckon this would be a popular invention in the future?

    Well done on an excellent blog post Crystal, keep up the amazing work!

    All the best,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jade,

    I want to visit Amsterdam to see the Anne Frank house, Spain and Italy to see the culture and sights, and I would love to travel around Europe, and definitely see Paris and all its attractions.

    I don't know if I would be keen on eating printed food, but it could be popular in the future as it is an easy way to eat without having to use effort and cook a meal.

    Thank you so much for all your comments,
    Crystal :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.