Pages

Monday 22 January 2018

Summer Learning - 22-01-18

Summer Learning Journey 2018

Week Four: Contempary Kiwis (2000's)

Day Sixteen: Turn of the Century (2000-2010)
22-01-18

Activity 1: Celebrating A Win
Image result for backyard barbequeMany families in New Zealand were celebrating the victory of Russell Coutts and his sailing team when they won their second consecutive America's Cup in 2000.

When there is a special event in my family, we usually have a barbeque in the backyard and invite lots of family. If it's a birthday we'll have cake and party food, and play party games, which my cousins really like. In the winter we gather at either our house or a family members house. The food is cooked inside not on the bbq.


Activity 2: Lord of the Rings
The Lord of the Rings, one of the most famous movie trilogy's ever, was filmed right here in New Zealand. All three of the movies in the trilogy were directed by New Zealander Peter Jackson. The first movie was released in 2001, the second in 2002, and the third in 2003. The movies costed an estimate of $300 million to make.

Image result for moneyIf I had $300 million dollars I would...

  • Save some for my university fees and travel funds for the future.
  • Give some to my parents for the mortgage, bills, travel, etc.
  • Buy my brother some gifts.
  • Give some to my other family members, e.g: my Nana, Grandma, uncles and aunties.
  • Donate the rest to charities like the Ronald MacDonald House, Make A Wish, Unicef, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Crystal,

    Jade F here from the Summer Learning Journey team! Hope you’re having a great break. I really enjoyed reading through your blog post.

    With your first activity, that’s awesome that your family celebrates special events with a barbeque in the backyard with other family members. My family loves having barbeques as well especially when other family members come over from overseas to visit; we usually invite more of the family over for a BBQ so it’s kind of like we’re celebrating our family members coming over who we haven’t seen in a while. What would be your favourite food be at your family barbeque? Mine would be my Dad’s steak and my Mum’s potato salad. :)

    Good job on listing the things you would do with $300 million dollars! I was very impressed with every point that you made. Especially how majority of your points are giving away the money to family and charities or buying gifts for siblings. That’s good that you included the specific charities in your list as well, good job! I was also very impressed to see that the money that you have kept for yourself would go towards university fees and future travelling. Very well thought out! Where would you like to travel to and who would bring with you?

    I look forward to hearing from you and keep up the blogging!

    All the best,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jade,

      That sounds super fun. My favourite barbeque foods would probably be my mums potato salad and casear salad, and bacon wrapped asparagus.

      I would love to travel all around Europe, especially to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower, and Amsterdam to see the Anne Frank house. I would also love to go to Spain and Italy.

      Crystal :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.