Pages

Thursday 29 June 2017

English - Describing a difficulty I overcame on camp

I attended the Year 10 Boyle River Camp from the 13th to the 17th of June. On the second night, we had the opportunity to participate in the 'Solo', where you sit alone in the pitch black night in a designated space for 40 minutes, and reflect on life. At first I was pretty keen, then I realized that there could be animals that would attack me, e.g: possums. I didn't really want to do it after that, but I knew that I would regret it if I didn't participate, so I did it. I spent the 40 minutes making loud noises and sudden movements to scare off any potential attackers, but the time passed very quickly, it felt like only 10. It was a good opportunity to take some time out, think, and just be one with nature. After it, I was proud that I had done it, and felt slightly lighter and fresher.

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you have described the event. The vocabulary you chosen has made the picture clear in my mind. Your so funny, good job Crystal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. your so good at this sort of stuff ( your cute)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.